Monday, July 5, 2010

Are You Sure This Is About Horses?

Sometimes, when I'm working around the farm, I come up with a revelation so genius, so exquisite, so brilliant that I need to share it with someone. *insert sound of crickets chirping* But there's no one around that speaks English, everybody is whinneying or quacking or meowing. So I said to myself, "By George, I'm going to try a blog." Well, no, actually I didn't say "By George". Does anyone say "By George"? Unless, of course you were at a post-Oscar party and someone asked you where Brad could be found, then you could say, "Over there, by George." You know, because they're friends... Brad Pitt and George Clooney, they did those Oceans movies together. Anyway.... I was going to write about horse stuff here. I just got distracted.

That's part of my problem. I am a student of efficiency and try to find the most ergonomic and economic way to get something done but I get distracted too easily. Recently, for example, I was trying to clean up around the barn and was taking a chair out to the arena when I remembered that I really needed to make some letters for the arena so back in the barn, while looking for the sheet of plastic to use for letters I noticed that the barn cat had mats in her coat so I set about combing her and she howled and growled about it so it took quite a while which efficiently used up all of the time I had for cleaning up around the barn. What I've got to do is pick a task and stick to it. But there always seems to be something more important/urgent.

Like right now, I should be out setting feed for tonight. I'll have to write more later. Maybe I can come up with something relevant next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment